Friday, April 18, 2008

The Debut of the Lazy Runner

Hi. I'm Page, affectionately known in my running group as the "Lazy Runner". Actually, I gave myself the title since I am often grumpy and complaining at the beginning of our runs. However, by the end of the run, I love being a runner! Despite the title, I have completed a marathon, a half marathon, a couple of 10Ks and numerous 5K races. I'm also training for a triathlon that will be held on August 24th of this year.

This blog is intended to be a log of my training. I think if I put my training stats and thoughts in cyberspace, I may be more motivated to stick to my training plan. We'll see...

In any case, be prepared for my slow running speed. Though I used to be a sprinter and a pole vaulter, as a distance runner I am classified as a turtle. But I almost always finish- which for me, is the point.

Hopefully, I'll be able to update my Nike+ stats from my iPod to this blog. If I can figure out the technical end of that, I'll be happy!

No comments: