Thursday, March 5, 2009

Taper Week Training

Since I'm running the Disney Princess Half marathon on Sunday, this week has been a light running week. I was supposed to get out over the weekend for a 5-7 mile run, but for various reasons, that didn't happen. Then, we had an 8 inch snow on Sunday/Monday with temps not getting above 25 on Tuesday...so my Tuesday route would have been turned to ice. I hopped on the treadmill for 2 miles yesterday to at least move a bit and break in my new shoes a little.

I accidentally packed my running skirt instead of my shorts...so I ran on the treadmill at the office in a skirt. Most of the men that wandered into the gym gave me funny looks. If anyone asked why I was wearing a skirt, I planned to tell them that I was practicing for running in a dress this weekend. :) I couldn't let anything else deter me from getting a run in!

Lauren and I are planning on getting out for something short and sweet when we wake up at Disney tomorrow morning. Another 2 miles or so...just so our legs won't forget what it's like to run! I'm looking forward to the race...and the fact that we will be at Disney!

Look for a race report sometime next week...

No comments: