Thursday, January 7, 2010

T-2 Days and Counting...

Well...tomorrow is the day we hop on a plane and fly to sunny Disney World in Orlando, Florida!  Or not so sunny...cold-maybe-rainy Orlando, Florida.  That's right...after all of my looking forward to a 50s/60s temp for the marathon, Florida is experiencing on of its longest cold snaps in years.  The one year I've chosen to do the Goofy Challenge...

But, honestly, I am not that upset about the weather.  I'd prefer cold to 80 degrees, which they had 3 years ago.  We've trained in snow, sleet, rain, 20s, 30s, 40s...I'm probably ready for anything!

My training recently though, has been a bit lacking due to the severe weather we've had here in Maryland.  I missed my last 22 mile run due to the 2 foot blizzard, so my taper was actually 5 weeks instead of 3.  I had a bit of a head cold/allergy issue and missed the 12 miles the next week.  I made up for it by running 6,5, and 5 respectively last week...but then a wind chill of 0 and 30 mph gusts on Sunday kept me inside and I missed 9 miles.  This week has been busy, and I'm just hoping to get out for 3 before I begin packing.  So, if training hard and then resting really well means a good race...I should be fabulous!  I think it will all be ok, though.

Wish me luck!  Race reports to come when I return from the Land of Mickey!

1 comment:

Running Diva Mom said...

Have a fabulous time! We really enjoyed going to the marathon last year, although the weather was extremely different on race day -- 80-something degrees! I'm doing the half in March and am hoping it will be just as fun. Can't wait to see your post and race day pictures!