Sunday, June 15, 2008

Lazy Updater

Well, I've actually been exercising a lot recently. I just haven't been updating this blog...

The week before last I was at my company's Users' Conference. I ran a few miles on Monday, and then hit the hotel gym for a bike and run (during the tornadoes that were coming through) on Wednesday. Last weekend was sooooo hot that I couldn't bring myself to do any exercise.

I've started my summer "operetta" rehearsals, so exercising in the evening is no longer an option. So, I've been heading to the gym at our office. Tuesday I ran 3 miles on the treadmill (boring), and Thursday I rode the bike for 25 minutes and ran for 25 minutes (even more boring). I managed to hurt my neck on Friday, so Saturday was just an easy run in the heat....as I try to acclimate to it...and today (Sunday) I swam for about 1500 meters (not without stopping) and then biked 7 miles. I'm really getting into this exercise thing.

Unfortunately, I don't seem to be losing weight. That's not a goal of the triathlon training, but it would be an added bonus. I've actually gained weight- which I hope is from the muscle I've been building. My clothes fit the same, which is always my guide.

Anyway, this week will probably be similar to last week...hopefully without the neck strain!

No comments: