Saturday, May 31, 2008

Felled by a Cold

Well, I had a nice little exercise hiatus due to a cold. I'm back though- and had 2 ok runs this week.



Tuesday's run was ok- it was the first warm, humid day of the year so I struggled. I made it about 19 minutes before I needed to stop and walk...


Thursday's run occurred on the Truman Parkway with its nasty hills. I forced myself to run for 25 minutes without stopping, and then walked up the hills and ran down them. Considering those crazy hills, I was proud of myself for running continuously for 25 minutes!

Today was my first swim. I started off very rough...I forgot that it's difficult to get used to putting your head under water after not doing it for a few years! After awhile though, I got my rhythym. The class I am in has a great coach, and she corrected a lot of my technique. By the end of the class, I was pretty comfortable with my stroke and getting a pretty decent workout in.

It's nice to be cross-training because I had gotten pretty tired of just running. It gets monotonous after awhile...

No comments: