Thursday, July 17, 2008

Exercise Holding Pattern

Until the show I'm in closes (this Sunday....), my exercise regimen-schedule-whatever-you-want-to-call-it is in a holding pattern. Meaning, I'm just trying to maintain the fitness I've built with a little running, some biking, and my normal Saturday AM swims.

Luckily this week, I had time to get a good, hilly bike ride in, as well as my first open-water swim! We went swimming off a friend's dock in the Severn River. It took me about 50 meters of swimming to relax and adjust to the murkiness of the water, but once I did it was fine. I felt like I could swim forever! The odd thing, however, is that it doesn't seem like you are making progress in open water...more like you are floating, flailing your arms about (otherwise known as a stroke..:)), and staying in the same place. I was shocked to look up sometimes and see the next dock was much closer!

Next week, I'll finally be able to get back into a more solid schedule...and hopefully take my running off the treadmill and back outside!

No comments: