Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Exercise Update

I know I keep saying it...but I really love swimming. I headed to the pool for a swim on Thursday evening. My goal was to get into a very slow rhythym that I can maintain for some distance. My swimming class every Saturday morning has been great for my technique and speedwork, but I know that in order to be able to finish the swim portion of the tri, I need to get a nice, smooth, slow pace going. I finally accomplished that on Thursday, and was able to swim about 500 meters without needing to stop. I did throw a few laps of breaststroke in there, but I figure as long as I'm moving forward that is what counts!

Saturday, I went to my regular class and had a good, hard workout.

Sunday, I went for a bike ride. I rode about 12 miles in the middle of the afternoon, so it was hot. I rode from my house down to Thomas Point, but I didn't go out to the water because I was afraid I'd be tempted to stop and not come back and finish my ride!

I've taken the past two days off to rest my legs, but I'll be jumping back in with a run tomorrow.

No comments: