Thursday, July 31, 2008

New Bike

I bought a new bike! After a few months of riding my roommate's city bike...I decided it was time to buy a racing bike. So I did! A Trek 1.5. It's white, grey, and lovely all over! It's all tuned up and waiting for me at the shop...as soon as I can figure out a way to get it in my itty bitty Saturn.

I had a rough run last week...it was hot, humid, and I hadn't run too much because of the biking, swimming and opera deal. I almost got overheated, but thankfully had some smart friends with ice and lots of water. A post-run beer helped as well.

3 weeks until the triathlon. I'm nervous and excited...just ordered my racing outfit yesterday. I should have a few weeks to try it out before the race.

I'm headed to Maine in a week or so for vacation. The friends I'm staying with live on a lake, so I'll be able to get some open-water swims in.

No comments: