Monday, September 8, 2008

Recovering and Retooling

Now that the triathlon is finished, I need to find a nice balance to my workout routine again. I took a lazy week off after the race was finished and also managed to eat every bad kind of food in sight. Bad Page. Last week I got a run in on Tuesday, and yesterday I canoed, somewhat strenuously at times, for about 3 hours.

I'd like to keep cycling and swimming as cross-training options while I'm running. I really enjoyed both of those, although cycling is really only a viable option for the next few months. Swimming is year-round, though. In December, I'll need to start upping my weekend mileage in preparation for the Disney Princess Half-Marathon. That will be a fun race!

Until then, I think my weekly workout schedule will look something like this:

Mon: Off
Tues: Run-usually around 3-4 miles
Wed: Off
Thurs: Run- 3-4 mi
Fri: Off
Sat: Swim or bike
Sun: Swim or bike

In December, I'll probably replace the bike with a long run of 6-12 miles, depending on the weekend. If I can stick to this exercise schedule, I may throw a day of strength-training into the mix at lunch on Monday or Wednesday.

No comments: