Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Blizzard '09

Remember that winter storm I mentioned in the last blog?  Well, it definitely hit...and thus I didn't complete the 22 mile run.  By the time I woke up Saturday morning, there was already 4 inches or so on the ground, and it didn't let up.  We ended up with over 20 inches of snow.  Yikes!  I have never seen that much snow in my life!

I did get 11 miles in on Friday morning, though.  We ran from my house through Eastport, to the Naval Academy, and back.  I'm glad that was accomplished, because I still don't think I'll be able to get out on the roads to run anytime soon!  There are still huge mounds of snow in most places where the sidewalk should be!

Today, I managed 3 miles on the dreadmill at the office during lunch.  My training partner (who ran 20 miles on the treadmill during the snow...crazy!) is out of town for the holidays, so I'll be running on my own this weekend.  Since we are now in the taper phase, I have 4 on the schedule for Saturday, and 12 on Sunday.  I don't look forward to running 12 by myself, so I've talked my boyfriend into riding his bike on the NCR Trail while I run.  He won't be with me, but at least I'll be motivated to get out there!

No comments: