Thursday, December 3, 2009

Too Much Time off for Turkey Day

It was a real struggle for me to run during Thanksgiving week.  But, I managed to get some miles in anyway.  Not the mileage that I needed, but I was proud of myself for doing what I did!  Tuesday night, it was raining, but I knew I needed to do something to prevent my legs from forgetting how to run.  I ran 3 miles by running up and down my street twice.  Boring.

I flew to SC for the holiday, and forced myself to get up and out for 3 miles on Friday morning.  We had early mornings each day I was there.  I was supposed to log 6 on Saturday, but I just couldn't do it!  I was awake in time, but I couldn't get myself out the door.  It was in the 30s, and I had neglected to bring warm enough gear.  I also just wanted to sit, relax, and drink my coffee.  So that's what I did!

Sunday, I was back in town, and met some friends for a nice, slow 12 miles.  We ran to Thomas Point, and then an abbreviated Bay Ridge loop.  Surprisingly, it wasn't really a tough run, even with all of the hills!  My total mileage for the week was 18...lower than it should be, but I think I will survive.

This weekend is another "cornerstone" with 10 and 20 on the schedule.  I popped out 3 today on the dreadmill at the office, and will hopefully have rested legs in time for the 30 mile weekend.  I believe we will be running 10 miles in the rain on the BWI trail Saturday.  It's back to the good ole B&A Trail on Sunday for 20 miles.  Sunday is supposed to be sunny, but cold.  I'll take cold over rain for 20 miles any day!

No comments: