Sunday, May 11, 2008

Weekly Exercise Update

My ipod had a temporary meltdown at the beginning of my run on Tuesday, so I don't have stats for it. Saturday's run had a few "scenic" stops, so it's far from accurate and I stopped tracking it at 1 mile. So a quick description:

Tuesday- I ran 2 miles without stopping again- at a 10:30 minute mile pace. Pretty decent, considering how I've been running recently. My group was going about 5.5 miles, so I turned back in order to complete about 3. I was pleased with it- managed to run most of the way back, as well.

I was uninspired on Thursday, and was headed to a show at 8 PM, so I skipped my run. Oops.

Saturday, I was feeling uninspired, so I dragged my roommate out with me for a gentle run. We did a 2min/2min run walk combo down to Bembe beach, and took a scenic break to look at Back Creek and the Bay at mile 1. Ran/walked home. I was just happy to get out of the house and get myself moving!

Today (Sunday), I went for a bike ride. I maintained a 12 mph pace, and it was hard! I hadn't realized how efficient my body has become running. I always thought biking was easier than running- but biking up hills is much more difficult! I rode about 7 miles in 35 minutes (the Bay Ridge loop again). I had the grand idea to try to run a bit after the bike...Ha! I ran for 2 minutes and my legs were like lead. I think I should try that again once I've become a bit more used to riding.

My ride today did show me that this triathlon should have me more fit than I've been in awhile. Switching it up between running, biking, and swimming will really boost my fitness level since I've become so efficient at running.

I've been trying to feed myself better- lean meats, fish, veggies...I'm usually pretty good but I have the occasional fast food craving that must be indulged.

Currently, I'm sitting on the sofa with a chicken roasting in the oven (rubbed in rosemary from my own garden), Carolina Plantation rice on the stove, and a glass of unoaked chardonnay on the coffee table beside me. Homemade chicken salad and salmon cakes will be made for the week later...life is good!

No comments: