Thursday, October 1, 2009

Weekly Training Update

I haven't really gotten as many miles in this week as I had planned. Our weekend long run was 10 miles on Sunday morning. We ran the BWI Loop and started at 10 AM. I foolishly had a 7 course dinner with wine pairings on Saturday night. Seriously...I have never felt so heavy on a run in my life! It also was a little on the warm side by the time we ran. Originally, the forecast called for a high of 70, but I think it was more like 78 by the time we finished around noon.

I skipped the Tuesday run, but will hopefully get 3 or 4 miles in tonight. Last week's mileage was 13, this week's will hopefully be around 19. Here is an inaccurate Nike+ log of my run...



I really need to get that thing calibrated. The real distance was 10.6 miles or so. I walked the last .6... I think I'll make calibration tonight's post-run goal.

Up this weekend is the Metric Marathon on Sunday morning. I got roped into running this race since my Goofy partner runs it every year. It's either run 16.3 miles (26K) with the possibility of being around other people, or run 13 miles by myself. We have 13 on the schedule, and were supposed to do 6 on Saturday, but are compromising with the Metric Marathon. Ick. Only about 100 people run this race (it's long and hilly), and they are all fast. Looking at last year's finish times, it's likely I will finish dead last. Oh well, at least I'll get the training in! Saturday's run is out because we are tailgating at and going to the Navy vs. Airforce football game. I will have to hold back on the heavy food this time...

No comments: